Common Outcomes & Indicators
In order to advance its overall mission of supporting and expanding effective programs, reducing or eliminating duplicative services, and increasing the level of investment in education, Central Texas Education Funders (CTEF) is in the process of developing a standard framework of common education outcomes and indicators.
With the input from various non-profits and evaluation experts, these Common Outcomes & Indicators will provide guidance and context to help non-profits, funders, and the community align their efforts to achieve the best possible educational outcomes for Central Texans by
- supporting non-profits to become more efficient and effective in their programming and assessment of key education goals and metrics;
- developing a consensus of outcomes and indicators among funders and openly sharing and building upon these concepts to encourage best practices in education grantmaking; and
- educating community stakeholders about common education indicators through outreach and advocacy, with the ultimate goal of improving student achievement in Central Texas.
The development and refinement of these outcomes and indicators will continue to be an iterative process as more information is collected for the wide spectrum of program areas within education. Our ultimate objective is to help education non-profits, funders, districts and community stakeholders agree to and adopt a set of common outcomes and indicators, and thus work toward the goal of improving the lives of Central Texans.
Look for links to appear here as indicators are completed!
PROPOSED COMMON INDICATORS
- Arts Education
- Charter Schools
- College Readiness & Access
- College Success
- Dropout Prevention
- Early Childhood Education
- Early College High Schools
- Educational Advocacy
- Effective School & District Leadership
- English Language Acquisition
- Out of School Time (OST)
- Parent Engagement
- Post Secondary Degree Certification
- Risk Avoidance
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Special Education
- Teacher Quality & Effectiveness
- Work/Career Awareness & Training
If you have questions or have special knowledge of any of these areas and would like to help develop those indicators, please contact us.